Infertility and IVF
The cause of infertility
Many of the couples now are facing a very common problem of infertility. Many of the people have the concept that this infertility is the result of the problem in the female reproductive system only. However, it is not fully true. The problem of infertility can happen from both the male and female’s inability to reproduce. With time this problem is speeding up. This is because of the high level of stress and anxiety faced by each of the people in their life with their career, work and also their personal life. The daily regime has also been altered with the increasing level of stress and anxiety. People are consuming alcohol and other addictive elements which is weakening the body system and the reproductive system is the worst hit for all those activities. So there comes the alternative, like IVF with which people are able to have their next generation peacefully.
IVF or the In-Vitro Fertilization is one of the most effective methods, although artificial, that enables to have a baby in a very healthy way, from the parent who is unable to reproduce on their own in a natural way. Roughly the process of the in-vitro fertilization involves the fertilization of the egg outside the woman’s body, as their system is unable to fertilize it. The whole process is done in the test tube or in a petri dish giving proper condition similar to that of the intra-uterine environment. After the fertilization is successfully complete. It is transferred in the mother womb for the rest of the gestation period. Reproduction by this technique is also called as the ART or the Assisted Reproductive Technique. Babies born, using this technique is perfectly normal when compared to those having a normal gestational cycle.
The Procedure of the IVF
IVF generally involves the following steps:
- The natural menstrual cycle is suppresses using injection and it is done on a daily basis for about 2 weeks in continuation.
- Superovulation is induced in the woman by giving the woman fertility drugs consisting of the follicle stimulating hormones.
- The egg produced in the woman is collected carefully. It involves a surgical method called as the ‘follicular aspiration”.
- Eggs collected in the tray are then introduced with the sperms. Sperms are introduced using intra-cytoplasmic injection. The whole setup is kept and maintained in a controlled environment.
- It is left for the growth and the fertilization and after that, once the proper size and also the health of the embryo is attained, the embryo is transferred into the mother to carry on with the gestational phase.
The Risk associated with it
There are few risks associated with this technique. They are:
- Multiple births is the possibility due to IVF. It will increase the chances of labor and also the labor will happen much earlier.
- Premature birth
- Low weight of the baby
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Birth defects
- Ovarian Cancer etc.
The facility in Delhi
Delhi being the capital city, medical facility over there is also very advanced. There are many IVF Centre in Delhi giving the patients a very good facility for their misery.